So the bloke of the house had a play in the kitchen making a BBQ Sauce. I believe you can by a “smokey flavouring” that you can add to it also however I couldnt find any in a hurry so just make sure you check the ingredients to make sure there is no sugars in it etc.
This doesnt taste like diet sauce. Its nice and sweet and delicious.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 85 g tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- stevia to taste we used 1 1/2 tbs
- 1 tablespoon crushed onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder ( again optional if you dont like it spicey)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional if you want it spicey or add flakes)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small saucepan, mix together all ingredients.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low or medium and simmer for about 8 minutes.
Add small amounts of water to achieve desired consistency. Do not leave unnattended as may burn or stick to bottom
Could be used as stuffing for chicken, sauce for steaks etc.
Note we added extra onions to ours to give it a chunkiness as per picture.